04 June 2010

Burnin' Up for Burn Notice and the TGIF Top 10

I love "Burn Notice." It's the best t.v. show there is. Well, right next to "Criminal Minds" which has seriously inspired me to study psychology and human behavior. My dad is thrilled that I want to be someone who studies "creepy minds." Anyway, "Burn Notice" is the freaking BOMB (uh, no pun intended).

For those of you who have never heard of it, WHAT THE HECK KIND OF PLANET ARE YOU FROM?!
For those of you who have heard about and have never watched it, SHAME ON YOU. Consider our friendship on hold until you see it.

Now, if you don't watch it, hopefully I'll guilt trip you into watching it. Basically, there's this guy, Michael Westen. He used to be a spy, but he got "burned." Essentially, he got fired by somebody who doesn't like him. He didn't get fired because he's bad at what he does. In fact, he's an incredible spy. That's why this show is so awesome. Anyway, "When you're burned, you've got nothing. No cash, no credit, no job history. You're stuck in whatever city they decide to dump you in." In his case, it's Miami. "You do whatever work comes your way. You rely on anyone who's still talking to you." P.S. I'm quoting all of this from memory. I've seen it a few times. In fact, I've seen every episode about 3 times. Anyway, "Bottom line: when you're burned, you're not going anywhere." In each episode, he helps people who are in trouble, but can't seek help from the police. He's kind of like Robin Hood, but a spy. He's a good guy who helps people. The whole show is about him trying to figure out who burned him and then figuring out a way to get back into covert ops. It's awesome. When they talk about "Cable's #1 Hottest Show" they're not kidding. Michael's attractive, he's got class, he always has the best comebacks, and he can do pretty much anything.

Now, if that didn't convince you (which really might be the case because I'm not good with words) then this will:

Call me crazy, but I love when guys where black shirts, big watches, and carry a gun...

...and wear sunglasses like these.

And can I also just say that I love he and Fiona's relationship? I would love to date a guy that wouldn't even raise an eyebrow if I punched him in the face when he made me mad.


Okay, moving on. Because I'm very uncreative, I usually look to others for ideas. In this case, blogging ideas. And, as usual, I took my idea from my bff, Sarah. She's doing this "Top 10 Tuesdays" thing where she posts her Top 10 of something. I've decided to do the same, but on Fridays. I'll try not to steal her Top 10 idea every week, but this week, I will. She did her Top 10 celebrities and while we're already discussing the greatness of Burn Notice, I figured it was a good one to start off with. These are in no particular order.


John Krasinski. He's so adorable. Even though I quit watching "The Office" because it got lame, I still love Jim Halpert. He has the best personality. He's witty and charming (and has the best pranks) and, sadly, fictional.

Sarah, I can't believe he didn't make your list.

David James Elliott. His autographed picture to me (thanks to my awesome friend, Julie) is hanging on my wall at home. When this show was on t.v., my mom and I used to watch it all the time. I had a big crush on him. He is so fine. And also old enough to be my dad. That's gross.

Cory Monteith. He's a hottie and he also plays one on t.v. And he can sing. And play the drums. That's awesome.

Jeffrey Donovan. Uh, duh. You knew this was coming.


Zac Efron. Hot dang. Granted, his hair makes me crazy sometimes, but in "Hairspray." Holy moly. I drool when I watch him in that movie. And, even though "17 Again" was a sketchy movie that I will probably never watch again, he looked so good in that black leather jacket. I think my eyes fell out of my head.

William Moseley. Funny story. I accidentally picked the same picture Sarah did. Haha. Remember how I like guys who wear black shirts, big watches, and carry guns? I also like guys who wear white shirts, have british accents, and carry swords.

Shemar Moore. He's in "Criminal Minds." Shoot. I would probably let myself be kidnapped if I knew he was going to come rescue me. Mmmm. I'd love to be his "baby doll."


Matthew Morrison. Even though he seems ridiculously obnoxious and immature in real life, he's still a good-looking guy. He looks super cheesy sometimes when he sings, but dang. He can sing.

Matt Bomer. No lie. This man is the most attractive man I've ever seen. He's in "White Collar." I remember seeing previews for it last winter and telling my mom, "Did you see him? I might have to start watching this." Well, we did. And you know what? It's actually really good. And his FBI partner isn't that bad either. As Robbie once said about a female actress he found attractive, "My testimony of the Creation is strengthened when I look at her because I think of in the scriptures when it says, 'and God saw that it was good' and I think, 'Yeah, it is!'" Haha. I feel the same way when I look at Matt Bomer.
P.S. I'm totally kidding, but I do find him incredibly handsome and charming.
Sarah, I know you're always looking for new t.v. shows (haha). Especially t.v. shows that have attractive men in them. Well, you should watch this. It's awesome. The new season starts Tuesday, July 13th the same time as "Burn Notice."


Jude Law. "Sherlock Holmes" is actually the only movie I've seen him in. Actually, now that I think about it. That's a lie. My cousin, Scott, made me watch "The Holiday." I hated it. I hate chick flicks, but man he is attractive. I also loved his wardrobe in "Sherlock Holmes." He is so handsome. The hat, cane, gloves, suit. Very classy.

Well, I'm going to go wipe the drool off of my chin now.

4 comments:

Jordan said...

caroline. how the heck didnt i make this list?

ginger said...

Fact: my mom loves criminal minds a lot. Most of the reason is that tasty chocolate morsel.

Valerie said...

I have never seen Burn Notice, although I've heard of it. Can we still be friends?

Do you want to come over sometime when there's not a load of strangers over? We still don't have the boat out, but you can come look at it with us if you want to!

sarah joelle said...

HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT JUDE LAW!? gah. i LOVED him in the holiday. so so good. i think i need to add some honorable mentions to my list. i've left some people out. dangit.