18 June 2010

TGIF Top 10-Movie Soundtracks and the Like

Since last week I posted my Top 10 movies, it only seemed fitting to post my Top 10 movie soundtracks. If you know me at all, you know how much I LOVE movie soundtracks. Most people drive in their cars blasting their rap music and what-not. Not me. I totally bust out my movie soundtracks. I counted them today. I have 66 movie soundtracks. Full movie soundtracks. I didn't count soundtracks where I only had 1 or 2 songs. Yep. I'm in love. Sarah and I can go see a movie and 9 times out of 10 (but usually 10 times out 10 heheheh) we can name the composer of the music. We're that legit.



Here you go (in no particular order):


"Transformers" by Steve Jablonsky
The only thing that could make this better would be Optimus Prime's voice. I have a crush on him. I know he's a robot, but shoot does he have an attractive voice. I'd love to listen to him whisper sweet nothings into my ear.

"Sherlock Holmes" by Hans Zimmer
I have a lot of Hans Zimmer on my iPod. He's freaking legit.

"Rudy" by Jerry Goldsmith
This music is so peaceful and yet so motivating. It makes me want to do the seemingly impossible...like win a slam-dunk contest.

"Pride & Prejudice" by Jean-Yves Thibaudet (Don't ask me how to say that. I have no idea.)
Holy cow. My mom has this piano music. It's ridiculous. I've played the piano for almost 16 years. You'd think I'd be able to crank this out after a few practices, but no sir.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" by Klaus Badelt
This little stroke of genius is, by far, my most favorite soundtrack ever created. If I ever were to meet Klaus Badelt, I'd give him a high five and the biggest kiss on the cheek. You da man, Klaus.

"Pearl Harbor" by Hans Zimmer
I forgot how good this soundtrack was until it shuffled on my iPod about a month ago.

"Ironman" by Ramin Djawadi
I feel so legit when I wear my sunglasses and drive my dad's Lincoln MKZ while listening to this.

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" by Patrick Doyle
Out of all the Harry Potter soundtracks, this one is probably my favorite. The only thing I don't like about it is that a lot of the original melodies that John Williams came up with for the first movie are lost in this one. I still really like the music though.

"Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" by Harry Gregson-Williams
Solid greatness. That's all I have to say about this.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" by Hans Zimmer (See? He's awesome.)
Even though this is my least favorite of the movies and I could've done without the awkward beach scene at the end, I love this music. When I first got it a couple of years ago, it stayed in my cd player in my car for 2 whole months and I listened to nothing else. Crazy, I know.



Just to top this off (and this is mostly for Sarah because I know no one else probably cares about movie soundtracks at all) here are my Top 10 movie soundtrack songs of all time (again, in no order):

Journey to the Cave--Nicholas Hooper--Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I have no words for this song. It's just awesome.
Titans Spirit (Score)--Trevor Rabin--Remember the Titans

So maybe I can quote this movie while listening to this song.
Triumph--Nicholas Dodd--Amazing Grace

This is my all-time favorite movie soundtrack song. I get chills every time I listen to it.
He's a Pirate--Klaus Badelt--Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

You don't even want to know how many times I've listenend to this song.
Prince Caspian Flees--Harry Gregson-Williams--The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

This is the song that starts out the movie where Prince Caspian is, well, fleeing in the forest. I remember seeing this movie with Sarah and at almost the exact same moment, we looked at each other and she said, "I'm sensing a soundtrack purchase." I was thinking the exact same thing. Haha.
The Battle--Harry Gregson-Williams--The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Sarah, remember how we used to sit up in the Mormon Corner when we were in high school and we'd just listen to this song over and over and over? We did that everyday for about 2 weeks.
Discombobulate--Hans Zimmer--Sherlock Holmes

I get so gitty and excited when I listen to this song and I have no idea why.

Molossus--Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard--Batman Begins

I want to run really fast when I hear this song.
Flight of the Order of the Phoenix--Nicholas Hooper--Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I want to be a wizard. SO BADLY.
Buckbeak's Flight--John Williams--Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I'm crazy in love with the melody in this song for some reason.



Honorable Mention:

Death of Sirius--Nicholas Hooper--Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

First of all, if you didn't know he died, 2 things: 1. Oops. Sorry to spoil it. 2. Where the heck have you been?

This song has the sickest cello (and bass) part EVER. I play the cello, so naturally, I'm a little biased.




For your enjoyment, my playlist for the next week will be some of the songs on this list. Knock yourself out.


1 comment:

sarah joelle said...

HAHAHA. PEARL HARBOR. yes yes yes. please tell me you remember when we watched that at kate's house. "OMIGOSH! HE DIED!?!?!?"

we are basically the same person. although, maybe i have to disagree and say that 'the medallion calls' is slightly better than 'he's a pirate' hahaha.

and i had completely forgotten about how we used to listen to the battle up in mormon corner. hahaha oh high school. good times.