26 June 2010

TGISat Top 10

I apologize for not getting this up yesterday. My internet was being dumb and wouldn't let me do anything.
So, I didn't know what to do for my top 10 this week. My family was driving to Missouri yesterday for the blessing of my newest cousin, Adorah. That gave my mom the idea that I should do the top 10 places I've ever been. Here you go (in no order):

Rexburg/Rectumsburg/Rexhole
Even though this town has everything opposite of what I grew up in (small town, hills, high altitude, dry air) I love this place. I always have a hard time being away from my family because I'm kind of a homebody, but this semester has been the bomb-diggity. My roommates are so great. They're clean, they're considerate, they come to church, FHE, and devotional (things my past roommates haven't always done), and they love to do things together! I love it. I love going to school here too. The blessings of the gospel are so abundant here!
This is me, Kelli, Shay, Kristin, and Meghan. They're all roommates with the exception of Kelli. She's our neighbor that lives 3 doors down. We went to the rodeo in celebration of Spirit Week. It was my first one. It was a blasty-blast.

Washington D.C
My dad takes us kids on a trip to anywhere we want (within budget, of course) the summer before our senior year of high school. I decided to go Washington D.C. We spent a whole week there and it was so much fun. It was ridiculously hot and we did a TON of walking, but it was totally worth it. This is me practicing my graduation speech.

Cross Country Camp at McCormick's Creek State Park
I always loved xc camp. I love camping, hiking, running, being outside, playing games, and the like. When I was a senior, my mom came and chaperoned (and brought my siblings along). It was so much fun. I don't know if my mom could say the same because she was kept pretty busy, but I loved having them there. We have so many traditions at camp and I was so excited that they got to partake of all the fun. We played Ridiculous Ball (which is actually 4-Square, but our coach makes up ridiculous rules...hence the name), Euchre, kickball (we always play runners against the parents...and coach always made up stupid rules so the parents would win), had a hand-stand contest and the one-breath swimming contest at the pool, we had Pete's corn and dipped it in his big, huge jar of melted butter, teased the freshmen, did lots of running, and went swimming in the "crick." We had just gotten back from doing that in this picture. That's why we stink. I love Rachel in this picture.

Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana
I know I'm cheating because that's more than one place, but I love road trips. This was about a year and a half ago when we drove out to California for my grandpa's funeral. He died on Christmas Day of 2008. Even though the reason for our trip wasn't a happy one, the trip was fun nonetheless. So many great memories of this trip...driving through really dangerous fog, getting delayed like, an hour because we woke up to a layer of ice an inch thick all over our van, driving through Nebraska for what seemed like forever, driving through snowy Nevada and singing Barry Manilow songs with dad at the top of our lungs, debating whether or not we should go to Grandpa's funeral or watch the "Burn Notice" marathon that was happening that day (just kidding...but seriously), stopping for a few days in Utah to see family and friends (and see BYU get killed by Wakeforest) and celebrate Mom's birthday, driving through dangerous blizzard weather in Colorado, and stopping at Aunt Jill's in Omaha.

Cedar Point and King's Island
My dad and I love rollercoasters. We go almost every summer to either King's Island or Cedar Point. Last summer, we went to King's Island to try out the new "Diamondback." As you can tell from this picture, it was awesome.

Kirtland, Ohio
We went here for Youth Conference in 2006. I love learning about Church History, so needless to say, this was my favorite Youth Conference. My favorite part was when we were taking a tour of the Kirtland Temple and one of the chaperones raised their hands and asked if we could sing "The Spirit of God." It was incredible. The Spirit of God was definitley there; like a fire is burning.
Don't Sarah and I look like a little bit like Sister Missionaries in this picture? Love it.

Aunt Jill's House
I'm cheating with this one because this picture is actually at the Indianapolis Indian's game. My mom's side of the family goes to a game every year. It's a tradition. Anyway, I said Aunt Jill's house because even though they lived (and still do) far away (they used to live in Sandy, but now they live in Omaha), these cousins have always been my favorite. Maybe it's because they're my age, maybe it's because they're awesome, maybe it's both. Whatever it is, I love them and I always have a blast when I go to their house.
Mark is in the white hat. He just got back from his mission to San Fernando Valley, California in December. Then it's me...duh. Please don't judge me for wearing socks with my sandals. I was young and nieve back then. Then Andy. He left in March on his mission to Taiwan Tai Chung. Scott isn't in this picture because he was on his mission in Frankfurt, Germany. He's been back for 2 years now.


Capistrano Beach and Disneyland
I don't consider myself cheating on this one because even though it's 2 places, we always went to both places in one trip. Every year of my life (as far as I know) until 2 years ago (when my grandparents died), we went to Capistrano Beach about 30 minutes outside of Anaheim. My grandparents used to rent a beach house there and we would go for Spring Break. I know I'm a huge pansy when it comes to hot weather (my ideal temperature is 62), but I always make an exception when it comes to the beach.
The top picture is of Robbie, Shelby, me, Chelsea, Brianna, and Jordan. Look how black we are!
The bottom picture is more recent. I think this was the last time we were there. My sister and I got our picture taken with the White Witch.

Lavell Edward's Stadium
This made my list for one sole reason: November 28, 2009--The BYU vs. Utah
This was the greatest day of my whole life. I can say that because I don't even think my wedding day can beat this day out. It was that good. It was an intense game. We were pumped. We said rotten things about Utah (that they deserved, of course). We lost our voices. And we all wanted to kiss Andrew George that day. By George, we did it!
This is me, Sarah (the bff), and Ginger (one of my favorite people ever).
Home
I know it says "in no order," but nothing can trump this beautiful, green, flat state that I love. This picture actually isn't even close to my house. It's near my grandparent's house about an hour and 20 minutes drive from us. Even though it's crazy humid (making you miserable, but also making the best thunderstorms in the history of the world) I love this place. I can't wait to go back in one month.

No comments: