24 May 2010

Stealing from Sarah...Again

So, here are some little notes about my life:

Dear Family,
I miss you like crazy and can't wait until I can come home to you in July. I can't wait for delicious meals, no homework, a possible trip to Cedar Point or King's Island with Dad, swimming, the reunion, and staying up until the wee hours of the morning watching "Criminal Minds" with Mom.

Dear Sarah,
I envy you for being home right now. I'm so glad that you are though. You deserve it. However, I'm selfish and can't wait to see you and your beautiful ginger self this summer!

Dear Sleep Number Bed,
I can't wait to to sleep in you again. I'm sorry if my sister is rough to you. Maybe since she has her own Sleep Number Bed now, she doesn't sleep in you as much. Anyway, be prepared because we're going to get a lot of personal time when I get home.

Dear Indiana,
I miss all the green, the fireflies, and the beautiful, flat, farmland. I especially miss the flat part when I go running here everyday.

Dear Homesickness,
Why are plaguing me and why are you getting worse every, single day? I was doing so well at getting rid of you, but you seem to always return and make my life hell. Get the heck away!

Dear School,
Why do always kick my trash?

Dear Body,
Why are you making me run slow? I'm trying hard to help you. I wish you'd do your part. I'd also appreciate it if you wouldn't give out on me and make me fall down 3 times in one meet.

Dear Lungs,
Seriously? That car accident was almost 5 MONTHS ago. Get the heck better so I can actually run hard for more than a mile. Why do you still make me winded when I walk up a flight of stairs? You make me sad. Friendship on hold.

Dear Internet,
I hate you. I'm plugged into a freaking wall and you still won't work for me. Just play my dang music, let me catch up on "Glee," and let me do my homework.

Dear "Burn Notice,"
Holy smokes. Words cannot describe how excited I am for you to start NEXT WEEK.

Dear John Krasinski, Glee Guys, Jeffrey Donovan, and Jimmer Fredette,
You guys look super good on my wall. Thanks for being so attractive.

Dear Helmet Autographed by Austin Collie,
I still drool over you when I see you sitting on my desk.

Dear "Robin Hood,"
Thank you for being the best movie I've seen in awhile. Thank you for including lots of hot, intense, but still appropriate violence. Especially at the end when Robin Hood shoots that guy in the neck.

Dear Everyone Who Is Reading This,
I'm sorry if you think I'm a sick freak.

Dear Russell Crowe,
Thank you for being as attractive as you are. I had no idea. Dang! You're looking good for your age. If my husband looks like you when he's 45, then I can't even imagine how good his resurrected body is going to look.

Dear Brain,
I hate what you're doing to me and my self-confidence. You've never done this to me. Ever. Why are you being such a jerk to me? Why are you upsetting me so much over things that don't even matter? I know I'm kinda weird because I'm very different from most girls, but that doesn't mean that you can treat me like this. You just keep trying, but I'll pay you back someday. You just wait.

Dear Roommates,
Holy crap. You guys are awesome. I love that we have apartment prayer. I love that we sit together at devotional because, unlike my past roommates, you actually come!! I love that we share things and get along. I also love that you guys do abs with Richard Simmons every night. It gives me a good laugh.

Dear Muffin Top That Currently Lives on my Stomach,
How do I get rid of you? I mean, I understand that since I couldn't run from November to April, you were just so attracted to me and made yourself at home, but now it's time for you to leave. I'm getting ready for a mission and gaining weight is not something I want a head start on. Please go away so I can lose the 10 pounds that I gained over the winter.

Dear Scroll,
Thank you for putting three 15% off anything at Twizzleberry coupons in your newspaper. I brought ten of you home and now have a total of 30 Twizzleberry coupons.

Dear Twizzleberry,
Me, you and your delicious fro yo, and my Lactaid pills are going to become very good friends this semester.

Dear Dad and Robbie,
I am sooooo stoked to have you come in a week and a half...almost two. We are going to have a blasty blast. I'm just sad that you can't bring the rest of the fam with you. Robbie, I can't wait to see you and Shay face off in Nerts. She's pretty good. I'm just warning you.

Dear BYU Baseball,
I know it was last week, but still. I can't believe you lost to freaking UVU. There's no excuse for that behavior. Way to blow your last home game of the season.

Dear BYU Men's Soccer,
Please don't play another game like the games you played last weekend. Shame on you.

Dear Life,
You're kind of beating the snot out of me right now and even though I hate it, I secretly appreciate it at the same time. Just go easy on me. I'm a wuss. Overall though, you're actually pretty good.

1 comment:

sarah joelle said...

BURN NOTICE STARTS NEXT WEEK!?!?! YES! i have a tv show to watch! i mean, with LOST over and vamp diaries gone until september, i was starting to feel pretty...well, lost.

i just realized that i'm going to miss the fireflies this summer. F.

"Dear John Krasinski, Glee Guys, Jeffrey Donovan, and Jimmer Fredette,
You guys look super good on my wall." --- ok, i laughed out loud.

still haven't seen robin hood.

still excited to see you this summer!