21 February 2009

Rachel's Birfday

Rachel turned 10 on Monday. I can't believe it. It's so weird. I still remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. I came home from school and I asked Robbie where Mom was and he said, "She had to go to the hospital. She went into labor." I laughed at him and said, "Really, Robbie. Where's Mom?" He looked at me and said, "No. I'm serious." Well, sure enough, my mom was at the hospital and at 6:15 p.m., Rachel was born. I was so excited that I finally had a little sister. You have no idea. I cried when Alec was born because he wasn't a girl. I wanted to name him "Lulu" too. Haha.


Well, I'm stealing my Aunt Jenny's idea and in honor of Rachel's 10th birthday, I'm going to list 10 things I love about Rachel. Here it goes:
1. She's the baby sister I always wanted.
2. She loves sports.
3. She missed me a lot when I was at college. I feel bad for her because I know what it's like to miss someone a lot. I mean, Robbie and Sarah are at college right now and lots of my friends are on their missions. It's hard, but it makes me feel special to know that I mean as much to her as I do.
4. She's funny and energetic. She certainly keeps my parents young. Haha.
5. She loves to have "Sister Days" where we go and do something together. We usually watch a movie and then go to Steak 'n Shake. :]
6. She finally saw the light and is no longer a fan of Hannah Montana. I'm still working with her on the Jonas Brothers though. Hopefully she'll see that light soon. I can't stand them. Anyway...
7. She loves to run.
8. When she really gets going, she has the greatest laugh.
9. She doesn't make fun of me for rocking out to High School Musical while driving a mini van. In fact, she does it with me. I love it.
10. We have great sleepovers. :]

My dad likes to insert himself into people's pictures. Haha.
Her favorite books
She's wanted this movie forever and so have I, so it worked out perfectly.
Possessed?
This is a picture of her best friend, Olivia D., and her. Look! Rachel's best friend has red hair just like my best friend! Cute!

Rachel got a new bike. It's actually a boy's bike because my parents said all the girl bikes had Hannah Montana all over them. Rachel typically isn't a fan of girl stuff anyway, so it was perfect.

My dad decided to sing an opera version of "Happy Birthday" for us. It was pretty hysterical. He said he wasn't ready to go public with it yet which is why I'm not posting the video on here. We'll save that for a later time. I think we're definitely going to have to add this version to our list of "Traditional Bullough Variations of 'Happy Birthday.'" It was great.

Here is the video of said "Traditional Bullough Variations of 'Happy Birthday.'" First, we do it the normal way, then we sing it "Katherine Hepburn Style" where you shake your head, then we sing "Your Happy Birthday" from the primary book, and then we sing it off-key. Sometimes we unintentionally sing the off-key version when we're supposed to do the normal version, but oh well. :] For some reason, my dad decided to throw in "Happy, Happy Birthday" from the primary book this time, but it isn't one we usually do.


This has nothing to do with Rachel's birthday, but it's a really funny video. It makes me ashamed to be a female driver though. Luckily, I haven't done anything this stupid and hopefully never will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mosoIlc2HCY


In honor of Rachel's birthday, here's the picture of the day:This is Rachel and Me (on my birthday actually) a few years ago. I'm not sure how many. Maybe 3? Sarah and I had a combined birthday party because her birthday is the day before mine. I think I was turning 16 and Sarah was turning 17, but I'm not sure.

2 comments:

sarah joelle said...

you are correct. it was your 16th and my 17th birthday party. we were so young! hahaha.

and ohh...rachel. you just gotta love that girl. and i am very glad that she has 'seen the light' on hannah montana. she just got about a hundred more cool points. GO RACHEL.

ginger said...

encyclopedia brown=my favorite