13 February 2009

R.I.P. Quizno's

Story Time!
I. Love. Quizno's. Okay, so yesterday, I went to go get dinner for my mom, Alec, Rachel, and Me. My mom and I were going to get Quizno's. I always get the chicken carbonara sandwich because...well, because it's the best one. :] I drove to Quizno's getting all excited about eating it because I hadn't had it since my birthday (I treated myself to it. I mean, it's my birthday, so I can do what I want!). I drove there and...BAM! IT'S GONE!! I was almost moved to tears! Okay, well, not really. I'm not that much of a loser. I was so upset! Why? Why Quizno's? I don't understand!! They should close the stupid White Castle that's right across the street! Nobody likes White Castle!!! Anyway, so I was upset. Really upset. I called my mom and told her the bad news and she said, "Well, go try that Penn Station. I went there with Robbie one time and it was pretty good." So I drive to Penn Station. Alec wanted to wait in the car, so Rachel and I went inside. I walked up to the counter and the cashier looked at me, then looked at Rachel and then asked, "Is she your daughter?" WHAT?????!!!!! DO I SERIOUSLY LOOK OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A FREAKING 10 YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER?????!!!!! Okay, so Rachel doesn't look like she's 10, but she still comes up to my shoulder!!!! There's no way in the world I could pass for her mother!!! I just couldn't believe it. My dad said, "If it were me, I'd be flattered that she thought I had a daughter and lost all the weight from it." Haha. Thanks, Dad. Ever the optimist. Haha. Anyway, I politely said, "No, that's my sister." She apologized. I just love how one day I get, "Would you like a kid's menu?" and the next day I get, "Is she your daughter?" Anyway, so then, she asked me what name they should call and I said, "Caroline." Well, she turns to give the other people my order and--it's not like this never happens to me or anything...haha--the 4 guys making my order all start singing, "Sweet Caroline! Ba ba ba!" No joke. They sang it probably about 7 or 8 times. It was ridiculous. Finally (this is the part that killed me), about a day and a half later, they finish my order and the guy walks up to the counter and calls my name...sorta. He pronounced it "Carolyn." It was all I could do to not laugh out loud. I thought, "Seriously? You just sang that stupid song like 17 and a half times--pronouncing it correctly, mind you--and you can't say it correctly when you get up to the counter?" Unbelieveable. Ha.
Random Picture of the Day:
This is me and my daughter (who is really my sister!) at Disneyland about...eh, 3 years ago, maybe? We love the White Witch and from the look on her face, I think she loved us, too.

1 comment:

sarah joelle said...

bahahaha. the white witch who is secretly a stoner!!