16 February 2009

Valentine's Day=YUCK.

I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY. It is so overrated.

I ran 5k race with Rachel. She did awesome and ran the entire way. I thought that was pretty impressive for a 10 year-old. It only took her about 34 minutes to run it!

Later that night, we went to the Noblesville vs. Avon basketball game because Rachel's choir was singing the National Anthem. I was all ready to get video of it and then my battery died, so I wasn't able to get it. Stupid camera. We lost the game, but don't even get me started on that. Basically, I could take Avon single-handedly and beat the crap out of them if they're going to play like they did--like a bunch of little girls!

Then we spent the rest of the evening hanging a bunch of my grandma's paintings in our house. Actually, it's not even a house anymore. It's more like a gallery, but I like it.

In honor of Valentine's Day (even though I hate it) I got this story in an email last year. I love it.


Steve was in trouble. He forgot Valentines Day. His wife was really angry and she told him, "Tomorrow morning I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in less than 10 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE!"

The next morning Steve got up early and left for work. When his wife woke up she looked out the window and, sure enough, there was a box gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway. Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway and brought the box back in the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Steve has been missing since Saturday. Please pray for him.


Haha! Okay, random picture of the day:


This is me and a bunch of my cross country friends at Steak 'n Shake. We used to go after all of the meets. From left is Amy Robinson ("A-Rob"), Heather Hochstedler ("Heather Ho" or "H Squared"), Erin Warning ("E War" or "The Hulk"), Me (called "Carol" by Heather and "Her Majesty" by the others), and Emily Robinson (E-Rob). I think this might've been after the Marion Invite that our team won because I have a blue medal around my neck and I hardly ever got those. Haha.

2 comments:

bjoyful913 said...

oh carol. =) i celebrated singles awareness day. whenever someone told me happy valentine's day i told them it was actually singles awareness day and how you and i were eachother's valentines last year. i still have the card you made me. and dude. i want to meet your boy. he sounds way awesome. =D

sarah joelle said...

high school basketball game! ohhh...those were the days. i still think about those every time i go to a byu game.