15 January 2009

Road Trip: "Aunt Jill and Her Husband's" House!

The last stop on our way home was Omaha. My mom's oldest sister lives there, so we went and visited them. My dad--who wasn't with us since he flew home early--was asking Alec how the trip home was. Alec was telling him all about "Aunt Jill and her husband." I thought it was funny that he didn't refer to him as Uncle Craig, but instead, "Aunt Jill's husband." Haha. The morning that we left for Omaha, I got sick. It stunk. I got sick in the hotel and on the way to Jill's house and passed out twice. It was awful. We stayed in a hotel so that I wouldn't get anyone else sick. That night, while everyone was down at the pool, I found a documentary on Zac Efron that I watched for about 10 minutes until my cousin, Andy, showed up. We talked for awhile and got caught up on things. It was fun.

This is my cousin, Katie (the oldest of Jill's 7 kids) and her daughter, Haylie, at the pool.

This is Haylie after her workout at the pool.

The next day, Andy and I went to Jimmy John's for lunch. Then we headed over to his house and spent the afternoon and evening with them. It was a lot of fun. I also got to see Creighton (the 2nd oldest of the 7 kids) who I hadn't seen in awhile and I got to meet his wife, Nicole. It was great to be able to spend time with them. I love them all to death.

My roommate, Laura, lives about 25 minutes from my "Aunt Jill and her husband's" house, so I went and visited her. She came and got me at the hotel and then we went and got lunch at a place called, "Runza," which is supposedly native to Omaha. :] It was fun to see her and to be able to spend some time with her.

I love cute pictures!

P.S. She'll never tell you this, but she's AMAZING at the piano. :]

No comments: