I realized that I don't talk about my life very much. At least what's happening now with my life. So, here it is...in case you care.
I got called to work in the Primary. Yep. I didn't think it would happen either since I'm leaving in 2 weeks, but whatevs. I like the Primary. Last week, I was in the Nursery and this week I worked with a little Down Syndrome boy in the ward named Joseph. We colored and then walked around outside. Well, more like ran. He had so much energy. He would come up and poke me and yell, "Tag!" so I would chase him and poke him and say, "Tag!" then I would run away and he'd yell after me, "Stop!" so I'd stop and then he'd say, "Stay!" so I'd stay. Then, he'd walk up to me and poke me and say, "Tag!" He won, obviously.
I made Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner. Remember, I was craving them? Well, Alec helped himself to half of everything I'd made. Plus, half of the other part I made to make up for him eating the first half. He's a growing boy, he is. Really. I left in April to him just a little bit shorter than me. I come home in July to him about 2 inches taller than me. WHAT?! Not to mention, his voice is getting deeper. Sad. I kind of miss when it used to squeak.
I taught Alec and Rachel to play Nerts. Since it was their first time, I smoked them. I'm in for a rude awakening when I get back to Rexburg and my friends and I resume our Sunday night Nerts tournaments. Imma get my trash kicked.
I made brownies today. Why? Because I was craving a chocolate brownie with ice cream and chocolate syrup on top. Yeah. And I'm still trying to lose that 13 lbs. I gained last winter. Oops.
I'm rereading Harry Potter before the movie comes out in 89 days. I forgot how much I love those books. I also love that Sarah and I can relate everything in our lives to Harry Potter. She's better at it than I am because she has a better memory than I do. The other day, we went with our friend, Emily, to go see Inception and I asked Sarah how that guy can change his appearance to look like that Browning guy. I asked her, "Is it like a Polyjuice Potion? Does he drink something?" To which she responded, "No, not really. *pause* Actually, he's like Tonks! He just changes." I understood completely. Haha.
Also, I'm still really bothered and sad by the fact that Peeves isn't in any of the movies.
I still stay up too late. Let's just say I don't want to have to readjust when I get back to college. Heh heh heh.
Alec, Rachel, and my dad spent our drive to the State Fair yesterday talking like Nacho Libre. My dad spent most of the night referring to us as "the childrens." I love my family.
I still miss my mommy. And it's only been 3 days. Crap. I hope this doesn't last for the entire semester.
I need a job at school. Like, seriously. I'm so poor, it's ridiculous.
Football season? Yeah, I'm beyond excited. I like my blue teams: BYU, Michigan, and the Colts. Oh baby!!
I won't be able to see all my friends at BYU when I fly in on the 2nd because I have to be up in Rexburg that afternoon. Sad. I'm also not going to have hardly anything to do for the first, um, 6 days. Bored? Yeah, probably.
I can't wait to see Maria!!!!! We're going to be roommates and I love her.
I have a dentist appointment tomorrow at 9 and then a doctor's appointment on Tuesday at 10:30 followed by an appointment with my bishop at 6 to work on mission papers. I'm ready to wrap this sucker up! I'm scared to death at the same time though. Figuring out if this is the right thing to do or not is way harder than I anticipated. It stinks.
The Burn Notice season finale is this Thursday. I can't wait. Last week left me hanging. I'm sad that it's going to be over for awhile though. I was telling Sarah that if the whole mission thing works out and I leave in January, this is my last Burn Notice for awhile. I told her she has to write me and tell me what happens because I can't have something as silly as Burn Notice distracting me from the Lord's work. I think He'd frown upon that.
Although, maybe I'll tract into Michael Westen himself and just ask him. One can only hope....
I ran out of gum the other day, but I got some more yesterday. Orbit Sweet Mint. I am happy once again.
Well, all in all, life is good. I love being home, but I'm also excited to head back to The Burg. Not really thrilled for classes, but I'm definitely excited to see old friends again and to be able to hang out with MARK!!! P.S. I totally got him involved in Student Living (that leadership thing I do on campus). Yeah, we're going to tear it up. And I'm pumped.
Picture of the Day:
I got called to work in the Primary. Yep. I didn't think it would happen either since I'm leaving in 2 weeks, but whatevs. I like the Primary. Last week, I was in the Nursery and this week I worked with a little Down Syndrome boy in the ward named Joseph. We colored and then walked around outside. Well, more like ran. He had so much energy. He would come up and poke me and yell, "Tag!" so I would chase him and poke him and say, "Tag!" then I would run away and he'd yell after me, "Stop!" so I'd stop and then he'd say, "Stay!" so I'd stay. Then, he'd walk up to me and poke me and say, "Tag!" He won, obviously.
I made Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner. Remember, I was craving them? Well, Alec helped himself to half of everything I'd made. Plus, half of the other part I made to make up for him eating the first half. He's a growing boy, he is. Really. I left in April to him just a little bit shorter than me. I come home in July to him about 2 inches taller than me. WHAT?! Not to mention, his voice is getting deeper. Sad. I kind of miss when it used to squeak.
I taught Alec and Rachel to play Nerts. Since it was their first time, I smoked them. I'm in for a rude awakening when I get back to Rexburg and my friends and I resume our Sunday night Nerts tournaments. Imma get my trash kicked.
I made brownies today. Why? Because I was craving a chocolate brownie with ice cream and chocolate syrup on top. Yeah. And I'm still trying to lose that 13 lbs. I gained last winter. Oops.
I'm rereading Harry Potter before the movie comes out in 89 days. I forgot how much I love those books. I also love that Sarah and I can relate everything in our lives to Harry Potter. She's better at it than I am because she has a better memory than I do. The other day, we went with our friend, Emily, to go see Inception and I asked Sarah how that guy can change his appearance to look like that Browning guy. I asked her, "Is it like a Polyjuice Potion? Does he drink something?" To which she responded, "No, not really. *pause* Actually, he's like Tonks! He just changes." I understood completely. Haha.
Also, I'm still really bothered and sad by the fact that Peeves isn't in any of the movies.
I still stay up too late. Let's just say I don't want to have to readjust when I get back to college. Heh heh heh.
Alec, Rachel, and my dad spent our drive to the State Fair yesterday talking like Nacho Libre. My dad spent most of the night referring to us as "the childrens." I love my family.
I still miss my mommy. And it's only been 3 days. Crap. I hope this doesn't last for the entire semester.
I need a job at school. Like, seriously. I'm so poor, it's ridiculous.
Football season? Yeah, I'm beyond excited. I like my blue teams: BYU, Michigan, and the Colts. Oh baby!!
I won't be able to see all my friends at BYU when I fly in on the 2nd because I have to be up in Rexburg that afternoon. Sad. I'm also not going to have hardly anything to do for the first, um, 6 days. Bored? Yeah, probably.
I can't wait to see Maria!!!!! We're going to be roommates and I love her.
I have a dentist appointment tomorrow at 9 and then a doctor's appointment on Tuesday at 10:30 followed by an appointment with my bishop at 6 to work on mission papers. I'm ready to wrap this sucker up! I'm scared to death at the same time though. Figuring out if this is the right thing to do or not is way harder than I anticipated. It stinks.
The Burn Notice season finale is this Thursday. I can't wait. Last week left me hanging. I'm sad that it's going to be over for awhile though. I was telling Sarah that if the whole mission thing works out and I leave in January, this is my last Burn Notice for awhile. I told her she has to write me and tell me what happens because I can't have something as silly as Burn Notice distracting me from the Lord's work. I think He'd frown upon that.
Although, maybe I'll tract into Michael Westen himself and just ask him. One can only hope....
I ran out of gum the other day, but I got some more yesterday. Orbit Sweet Mint. I am happy once again.
Well, all in all, life is good. I love being home, but I'm also excited to head back to The Burg. Not really thrilled for classes, but I'm definitely excited to see old friends again and to be able to hang out with MARK!!! P.S. I totally got him involved in Student Living (that leadership thing I do on campus). Yeah, we're going to tear it up. And I'm pumped.
Picture of the Day:
1 comment:
I LOVE that photo!! & I especially love that I completely forgot about that, but thanks to that...will never again! :) I hope primary continues to be awesome before it's time to head back to the Burg. We will hang out. haha
Post a Comment