23 October 2008

Welcome to Brigham Young University-Idaho!

Welcome to BYU-Idaho!
I love being within walking distance of the Temple!

Me trying to be artistic, but not doing it so well.

Again, not working.






This one worked! My roommates and my FHE brothers told me it looked like an Ensign-worthy photo.


Welcome to 465 Chapman Hall!

Verla J. Chapman Hall

My dorm is the 3rd one from the left on the top.

This is on the edge of campus. The Temple is right across the street.

This is in the Ricks Gardens.

This is in the Ricks Gardens as well. I love walking through here. It's really pretty.

I get to walk through here every Tuesday and Thursday when I go to science. I don't like science, but I like getting to walk through here.
This is the back of the Spori building. This is mostly for art majors, so I don't have any classes in here.
This is the Ricks building. I have my Math and American Foundations classes in here. Right inside those windows is the "Garden View Cafe" where they have really good chicken alfredo. :]

On the left is the Spencer W. Kimball Administration building. On the right is the John Taylor chapel. This brick area is called the "Taylor Quad."

This is the pathway to the Ezra Taft Benson building where I have my science class.

This is the Manwaring Center (or the MC) where I have church. This is also where the main cafeteria ("The Nordic Landing") and the University Bookstore is. I'm not positive on what they're constructing here, but someone told me that they're building a tunnell that goes from here to the Ricks building for students to use when it gets to be in the negative degrees later. That'll be neat. They're also working on heated sidewalks for the main walkways. Cool, huh?

You can see "The Nordic Landing" on the left. On the right are "Jolynn's" and "Freshens." Jolynn's has bagels, muffins, and donuts and Freshens has super, delicious smoothies. I usually get at least one a day. I used to get a bagel everyday too, but they put tons of cream cheese on them and since I just found out that I'm lactose intolerant, I can't have those as often. It's a special occasion when I do. :]

This is the Eliza R. Snow Performing Arts Center. It's for music majors. I don't have any classes in here either.

This is the John W. Hart Physical Education Building. This is where I have my weight-lifting and volleyball classes. They're constructing a large auditorium that is supposed to be able to seat all the students, but for now, they use the Hart auditorium in this building for our devotionals every Tuesday.

This is the Taylor chapel. This is where I had my Book of Mormon class. Since I am an apartment coordinator, I also have my weekly Student Living meetings in here.

This is the Gordon B. Hinckley chapel. I don't have any classes in here either. I've only been in there once for my Special Education major meeting.

This is the David O. McKay library. It faces the Spori building. To it's right is the Clark building (the testing center) and to it's left is the Romney building (for the math and science majors). There is a grassy area in front of the library that they call the "Spori Quad."

This is the stadium, track, and field. Every Sunday night, they have what is called, "Stadium Singing" where students can bring their hymnbooks and go sing under the bleachers. It's really neat. They have a Spanish one before the English one, so I go to that one too. It's so cool.

1 comment:

TotallyContent said...

Thanks for the guided picture tour, I've never visited BYU-Idaho so it was fun to get a glimpse into what it's like. It looks very pretty and like the perfect place to be. Enjoy and have fun.