23 October 2008

Salt Lake City with Kathy and Dewey

My mom's aunt and uncle--Kathy and Dewey--served a mission in Salt Lake City working in the Church Office Building. They were responsible for getting translators for different events. We went up on a Saturday and they spent the day with us. They took us to different places around Salt Lake. We took a tour of the Conference Center and the Beehive House. We also watched the Joseph Smith movie ("The Prophet of the Restoration" or whatever it's called) and went to Temple Square. They also took us to the Capitol, Pioneer Village, and the cemetary where all the Prophets and General Authorities are buried. The next day, Robbie and I went to "Music and the Spoken Word" with my cousin, Scott, and his friend. I'd never been before. It was so neat!
I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.

For the temple is a house of God,

A place of love and beauty.

I’ll prepare myself while I am young;

This is my sacred duty.


I love to see the temple.

I’ll go inside someday.

I’ll cov'nant with my Father;

I’ll promise to obey.

For the temple is a holy place

Where we are sealed together.

As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:

A fam’ly is forever.

This is the Church Office Building. My great-something-grandpa designed that stone carving of the world. Robbie took a trip here with some of his friends one time and told them that. One of his roommates then asked, "Your great-something-grandpa created the world?" Haha.

We took a tour of the Conference Center while we were there. I like to look at art, so I was really drawn to the paintings that were in this building. I felt bad because I looked at them for longer than I thought I was and my group had to keep waiting for me. Eventually, Kathy told the tour guide that she could wait with me if the group wanted to go ahead. I felt really bad for making them do that, but it was really neat to look at all the paintings and things.

I was really excited when we got to go on the roof. I thought they had permanently closed it off, but I was wrong!

Our personal tour guides and chauffers: Dewey and Kathy.

It was hot, so I decided to go for a swim on the roof. Dewey thought it would be funny to give me a little boost. :]

I love this picture. It turned out so nicely...and we're not fake smiling! Haha.

These were some memorials that we drove by. I think they're war memorials, but I'm not entirely sure.

The Capitol.

Rice-Eccles Stadium: Property of the Brigham Young University Cougars. :]

Robbie and Me at the "This is the Place" Monument.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure this is John Taylor, Brigham Young, and Wilford Woodruff.

I really like this statue of Joseph Smith showing Brigham Young the Salt Lake Valley.

Pioneer Village

John Taylor

Wilford Woodruff

Robbie at the graves of President Hinckley and his wife, Marjorie.

J. Reuben Clark

I called my dad to see who this was, but he didn't know. I don't know any Bulloughs that aren't related to us, so I'm assuming that this is another relative.

Kathy said that this relative of ours was in one of the handcart companies.

David O. McKay

2 comments:

TotallyContent said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these temple pictures and how you incorporated them with the song. You take great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline...I loved the pictures and seeing you in your environment! It looks like you are loving life, which is great!!!
Love you lots and lots! Aunt Amy