My blog post today is going to be more on the spiritual side...if you don't mind. I was listening to my iPod at work yesterday and the song, "Let Him Heal Your Heart" shuffled on. Robbie doesn't like this song because he says it sounds too "EFY-ish." Haha. I agree that it does sound very "EFY-ish," but I think the song has a great message...and the guy singing it has a really good voice...and who doesn't like a guy with a good voice? :] Anyway, I was listening to the words which read:
"Who can know the heartache you are feeling deep inside?
Who can know the burdens you've carried all your life?
Darkness fills the daylight and the road is much too long.
Where are heaven's answers and the strength to carry on?
When the night is lonely and your pride and fear depart,
When the tears have fallen and the questions fill your heart,
Think of how He loves you, how He longs to bring you home.
Reach out for His guidance.
He has walked your path alone."
That last phrase really stuck out to me. I've always known that Christ suffered for us. Every pain and sorrow that we experience in our life, he has felt. I've always been taught that I can seek the Lord's help for anything because He knows exactly how it feels. He knows what it feels like to lose someone close to you, to miss someone terribly, or even something as silly as stubbing your toe. Whether great or small, He has experienced it and can help us. Something I had never thought about though is that he did it alone. I feel silly that I've never thought about that, but I'm glad I finally did. Not only is it a blessing to be able to seek out advice about our struggles, but it's also such a blessing to be able to have someone physically be there with us during our struggles. He did it all alone.
I'm terrible with words. I can never adequately express exactly what I'm feeling or thinking, but I hope you at least sort of understood me this time.
Random Picture of the Day:
This is Sarah and Me at youth conference in 2006. We went to Kirtland, Ohio and visited a bunch of the church history sites there. It was an awesome youth conference. Sarah and I call this our "Sister Missionary" picture because we totally look like sister missionaries...except sister missonaries don't wear flip-flops. Haha.*Kudos to mi padre for taking this great picture. :]
No comments:
Post a Comment