Let's go back in time about...2 weeks. We went to my cousins' high school musical. They did "Grease." My cousin, Eric, was the lead role and my other cousin, Justine, was a part of the chorus. They both did an excellent job. In my opinion, it's not the greatest musical and my mom and I both hate how in the end, Sandy gives into the social pressure and basically becomes a skank. Anyway, their school really did do a nice job with it. I even put my favorite song from the musical on my playlist. :] It features Danny and Sandy--the 2 main characters. It was pretty hilarious to hear Eric sing it. I don't mean hilarious in a bad way. He did a great job. My uncle, Dallin, wanted me to stand up during a quiet part in the musical and yell, "Yeah, Eric!" He said he would give me $3 if I did it. I said, "$3? That's it?" Since he's in law school at IU, he said, "Hey, I'm a poor, college student. I can't give you more." To which I replied, "I'm a poor, college student. I need money too!" Needless to say, I didn't do it. Haha.
Here's a picture of Me, Eric (or "Danny"), and my dad. Justine ran off, so I didn't get a picture with her.I basically hate how my arm looks huge and manly in this picture. Gross. Sometimes I wish I didn't have arms of steel. Haha.
Well, in an effort to try and find things to blog about, I decided to write about my trip down memory lane that I took while watching this musical.
Let's go back in time about...9 years. I was in the 4th grade drama club. In the play that we were doing, I wanted to be the clown. I only had 2 lines and being a clown seemed to fit my personality...too bad things haven't changed much. I was all excited about it. Well, about a week before the play, our school did a presentation on the history of "Potter's Bridge" in Noblesville. I was in Student Council, so I was assigned to read a portion of the history for the program. Since it was going to be on Channel 19, my mom insisted that I memorize it. I did and my drama teachers were so impressed. No lie. 2 days before our scheduled performance of the play, they asked me if I would be the Princess for the 3rd act. The girl that was given the part hadn't taken the 3 months she had to memorize her 42 lines. Guess who had to do it in 2 days? Yep. Me. Funny story though. I wasn't so worried about having to memorize all those lines in 2 days. In fact, that didn't bother me at all. I could handle that. The thing that had me totally and completely mortified was the fact that the Prince was Alex Carpenter and I had to marry him. On top of that, I was supposed to hold his hand. OH, WHAT HORROR!!!! I'm completely serious when I say that I didn't sleep the night before the performance. I was up all night sobbing because boys had cooties and I was not about to hold a boy's hand. My mom came into my room several times and told me that it wasn't a big deal and that I just needed to go to bed. I remember being so frustrated with her because, clearly, she didn't realize how awful the situation was. I HAD TO HOLD A BOY'S HAND!! I couldn't believe that she really thought that wasn't a big deal. Anyway, so I talked to my drama teacher at school the next day and told her that I didn't want to hold his hand so guess what we did instead. We just stood there standing awkwardly next to each other. "And they lived happily ever after" and we just stood there. Some people blame me, but the truth is, if boys didn't have cooties, I wouldn't have been afraid. Haha.
Random Picture of the Day:

This is me and Emily Robinson, or E-Rob, at her graduation open house. We ran cross country and track together during middle school and high school. She's quite possibly one of the funniest people I know. She has a twin sister, Amy, and the first time my sister saw them, she said, "Look! You two have the same face!" Haha. Also pictured in this photo are my gross-looking arms and a lovely tan line from running in the sun all summer. Beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment