27 July 2010

TGIF Top 10 (on Tuesday)--Home

I was packing and driving to Provo on Friday. That's why this blog post didn't happen on Friday.
I was flying all day Saturday. That's why this didn't happen on Saturday.
I don't get on the computer on Sunday. That's why this didn't happen on Sunday.
I worked out with my mom, went grocery shopping with my mom, watched "White Collar" with my mom, helped my mom with dinner, and had Family Home Evening on Monday. That's why this is didn't happen on Monday.
I don't feel like going to bed. That's why this is happening at 12:05 a.m. on Tuesday.

Okay, so here's the Top 10 Things I Look Forward to While I'm Home (in no order...that's too much work):


My "Sleep Number Bed by Select Comfort."
My dad always uses the whole title, so it just doesn't feel right if I leave words off. Sleeping on this is like heaven. I sleep on a 30 or 35. It depends on the day. It's usually a 30. I love this bed, the pillows, and my blanket that I've had for as long as I can remember. Also, I feel like I have all the room in the world when I sleep on this. It's great. I want to re-read the Harry Potter series while I'm home and I also need to read the Hunger Games, so me and this bed are going to get a lot of cuddle time for the next 7 weeks.
"Did you see that sky today? Talk about blue." Name that movie.
Answer: The Emperor's New Groove
Indiana gets the best thunderstorms. Seriously. I took this last summer when we had a killer storm. Sarah has cooler pictures from earlier this summer, but I missed out because I was in stormless Idaho (except for the time I went running in a hail storm). My family teases me because I'll sit out on the porch eating ice cream and just watch these roll in. Aw, yeah.
Rollercoasters.
My dad and I LOVE rollercoasters. He took me to King's Island last summer because they had a new ride: Diamondback. It's sweet. I highly recommend it. We haven't made definite plans about whether we're going or not, but hopefully we'll either go here or to Cedar Point. And hopefully my stomach won't cause problems for me this year. I get motion sickness really easily, so I had some problems last year. It stunk.


The Indiana State Fair.
My dad gets tickets since Select Comfort has a display there. We went last year and I'll tell you what. There's nothing like big tractors with tires big enough that you can sit in them, pigs that weigh a ton (really!), dog neutering and cockroach racing, 1,418 lb. cheese sculptures, and everything you could ever know about farming!

The piano.
I can play the piano whenever the heck I want. I don't get to play a lot when I'm at school. Only in my Old Testament class or if I have a piano calling. I'm also excited to have someone to play with! Mom, we need to finally crack down and learn "Poet and Peasant Overture." Also, why did you give me the hard part? Once my mom and I learn to play it, I'll post a video on here. It's an awesome song.
P.S. I'm not in this picture. It's my mom and her sister. They're playing the "Poet and Peasant Overture." Just look at that music. I know it's hard to see, but holy cow. That's a lot of black notes!

Green, flat Indiana.
Just look at that. There's something about all the green and all the flat that I just love. It's funny to hear people talk about how green Idaho is in the summer. Are you kidding? Come to Indiana. I'll show you green.

The Family Reunion.
This isn't even close to everyone, but still quite a few people. The thing that I love most about this picutre is that you can't see the people in the back because we're all 5'5" or under. Haha. The other thing I love is how much my mom and I look alike. We're all the way on the right. I'm in the black skirt. She's in the dress.
I love our family reunions. We start it off by going to the temple. The cousins do baptisms and the parents and endowed cousins do a session. Then we spend the next 2 days just hanging out and playing soccer (and hopefully not going home on crutches like I did 4 years ago), frisbee, baseball, whatever, and then we end it with Church on Sunday, dinner with the whole family, and singing hymns around the piano.

Steak n Shake.
Holy moly. I love this place. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough milkshake? Mmmm.
On the way home from the airport, my family pulled into here and I almost soiled myself with excitement. It was soooo good. Then, to top it off, there was lightning right when we walked out. BEST HOMECOMING EVER.

My dad's Lincoln MKZ.
I was too lazy to go take a picture of it for you, but this is what it looks like. Color and all. He's had it for 3 years, but he takes super good care of our cars, so it really does look this good. This car has an awesome stereo in it, so I always crank up my best movie soundtracks in here. My hour-long drive to Institute every week is complete bliss. Not to mention, air conditioned seats?! That's what I'm talking about.

The Helsloot Girls

Jace

For some reason, the Helsloot girls love me. They're some girls in our ward. I taught Abbie's Sunbeam class 2 summers ago and I taught Lilia's Valiant 9 class the winter before this last one and then I substitute taught Maddie's class (the 11 year-olds) this past Sunday. I don't know why they like me so much, but they're adorable. I love coming to church and hearing Abbie's little squealing voice say, "CAROLINE!!" as she runs up and squeezes her arms around my legs. Lilia usually just stands there and waits her turn for a hug and Maddie always tells me how I need to beat up Alec for her. I love those girls.

Jace is a little autistic boy in our ward that I babysit a lot. In fact, he's coming over tomorrow! We'll play with our trains as always, probably watch a movie and halfway through go back to play with the trains, and maybe go swimming too. I'm excited. His mom always teases me about how I'm his girlfriend. I used to babysit one of Alec's friends when he was younger and he had a crush on me. Sarah's cousin in Rexburg has a crush on me too. I have a lot of prospects. Unfortunately, they're all about 12 years younger than me. Dang. Maybe that explains why I've only been on 1 date in the last 9 months. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong here. Haha.

2 comments:

sarah joelle said...

omigosh, i love the helsloots!!!

you forgot to add staying at my house with my sister in august, hahahaha.

Melissa said...

Jace was very happy to see you on your first Sunday back! First thing he says, "Can Caroline watch me, Mom?"