23 January 2013

"I get by with a little help from [big brother]"

My mom has been going through some of mine and Robbie's old stuff. She found this letter that we wrote to Santa. It's actually my letter to Santa, but I was only four years-old, so Robbie wrote what I told him to write. At least that was how it was supposed to have happened.






*Poor grammar and spelling have not been changed.... Seriously...it still probably hasn't changed.... Just kidding, Robbie! :]
It says:

Dear Santa Clause,

I have been a pretty good girt (Robbie crossed his "l" for some reason.), my name is Caroline. I am the one who wouldn't come up to you at Ford City.(That was the name of the mall we went to.)My brother Robbie who is 7 is writing for me and I am 4. My brother forgot about Criss Cross Crash that he a l (I think he meant "also.") wanted on his list. We live at 15956 Heaven Ave. orland hills. I would like Mighty max.And I would also like (He crossed the "l" here, but erased it. :] ) the box with A lladin and Jazman with the magic carpet that playes a whole-new world. We ask you to put candy in our stoking. I also want a sled with a rope on it. -->(Turn the page. :] )And we also want you to get my brother (WE?! I loved Robbie, but I have a hard time believing that my 4 year-old self would've been nice enough to say that we wanted to get something for Robbie. Then again, if I really was the terror that my parents say I was, I probably wasn't such a "good girt" and needed to throw in the "we" to earn some extra brownie points from The Big, Red Man.) a big foot track that he can drive with the petles that he can press like in a real car please try to get all the stuff  Thank you love, caroline


Too funny. I want to try and track down my 1st grade journal where I wrote about how I wanted Martin Luther King, Jr. to be my babysitter....

No comments: