22 December 2008

Thanksgiving!

For Thanksgiving I got to go to Provo and spend the week with my best friend, Sarah. I got to Provo on Friday, the 21st and got to stay until the following Sunday, the 30th. Unlike BYU, BYU-I got the whole week off of school because...well, because we're better, really. :] As soon as I got to Provo on Friday, I went with Sarah to her friend's house for a highlighter party. I'd never been to one before, but basically, you wear a white shirt so people can write on you and there is music and black lights and, well, highlighters! It was fun. The next day, I went to Robbie's apartment to watch the Michigan vs. Ohio State game. Michigan lost. :[ Then, I headed back to Sarah's to watch the BYU vs. Utah game. BYU lost. :[ After that, I went with Sarah and her friend (who's now my friend), Ginger, to the BYU men's basketball game vs. Cal Poly. Despite the fact that Jonathan Tavernari (who Ginger has decided we affectionately refer to as J-Tav) scored a total of 0 points, it was still a fun game and BYU was able to pull away with a win (thanks to Lee Cummard...as usual). On Sunday, I went with Robbie and his roommate, Jon, to "Music and the Spoken Word" because the closing song was "Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing." It was absolutely spectacular! That was the first of 3 things that I got to cross off on my bucket list during the break. After "Music and the Spoken Word," we walked around Temple Square for a little while and toured the Beehive House. Then, I went with Robbie and Jon to their ward. There was a girl that spoke about permissiveness. She started out her talk by telling us how confused she was when she was asked to speak because she thought she was supposed to talk about "promiscuousness." Haha. Good thing she didn't give that talk! Later that night, I went and had a Thanksgiving dinner with Robbie and some of his friends. It was really good! I didn't expect it to be bad, but I also didn't expect it to be as delicious as it was! Although, I was really sick of having the same food all the time at BYU-I, but still. Monday, I went with my cousin, Scott, to his New Testament class then with Sarah to her Mission Prep. class with Brother Bott (so good!) then to a little bit of her volleyball class (where I got to take a nice little nap in the bleachers because I couldn't play) before heading off to 3 of Robbie's classes. First, we went to Doctrine & Covenants. Then, we went to Church History with Sister Black. I seriously had a headache after that class. I couldn't keep up! And I only went to one class! After that, I went with Robbie to his broadcasting class. I pretty much slept through that entire class. I felt horrible, but I was so tired because I woke up early, hadn't had lunch yet, and it was around 2 in the afternoon. I was dead. After that class, Scott met us at the Wilk for some lunch. Robbie had to help some people with editing, so I went with Scott to a friend's house afterwards. Robbie picked me up at Scott's at about 5:30 and we went to the surprise FHE he had planned for me. He took me to the Bulls vs. Jazz game at the Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake. It was such a great game! The Bulls beat the Jazz 101-100 with a buzzer shot! It was sick! Robbie and I were pretty much the only Bulls fans there, so it was great to win! Plus, there were these stupid guys sitting by us. I say that because 1. they were U of U fans and 2. because they were acting kind of immature. I shouldn't have been surprised because, well, they're Ute fans (just kidding!), but it was bothering me that my 9-year-old sister is more mature than they were acting. Of course, I don't have room to talk because I was being immature as well. Every time the Bulls would score or the Jazz would mess up, I would clap obnoxiously loud just to tick them off. It made me so happy. I know, it wasn't very mature of me to do that, but I was just following the Golden Rule. I was doing unto them as they did unto me. :] After the game, I took Robbie to IHOP. I'm not a big fan, but it was really fun. Robbie got a huge meal (of course) and couldn't finish it. His country-fried steak was the biggest thing I've ever seen.
This was after he'd already eaten some. Poor kid. That steak really stressed him out. Haha.

On Tuesday, I didn't really do anything except go to the BYU women's basketball game against UConn. BYU lost. :[ UConn was #1 though, so I wasn't really expecting them to win. It was still a lot of fun though. At halftime they had these 4 guys--the Acrobat Dunkers (or something like that)--come out and flip in the air and dunk some basketballs. It was really neat. Robbie's roommate, Rory, and his girlfriend, Lauren, also made an appearance at halftime. There were 3 couples and the couple to make the most free-throw shots won gift certificates to Applebee's. They each had 2 tries. Lauren made her first one and Rory missed both of his. Haha.




Good job, Lauren.
Sorry, Rory.

This is Robbie talking with the UConn coach. I don't know his name, but Robbie said that he's probably the most prestigious person he'll talk to while he's at BYU. I just happened to take a picture of him at this particular time...or I'm just inspired. Haha, right.

On Wednesday, I went with Sarah and Ginger to Sarah's aunt's house in Orem. Sarah's other aunt and family were coming in from Rexburg that day, so we went to see them. On Thursday, we went back for Thanksgiving! It was so nice to have another home-cooked meal. This is Sarah's cousin, Adam. He's 6. He kept wanting me to take pictures of him making the same silly face. Haha.

He liked to tell jokes, too. Sarah and I had a camera war. It only lasted about 5 seconds.Ginger. :]Adam and I were ready to eat! We went on a walk later. I thought it was cool how the mountains were sticking out of the fog like that.

After our walk, we watched, "Home Alone." I'd never seen it, so I was really excited to watch it. Adam was laughing the whole time we were watching the movie. I recorded part of it because his laugh was so funny. He quotes part of the movie and then at the very end he says, "bad word." Every time someone in the movie would swear or say something like "stupid" or "shut up," he'd say, "bad word." Haha. He's cute.


On Friday, Robbie and I hiked the Y. That was the 2nd thing I got to cross off my bucket list. It was so much fun! I called Sarah when I got to the top and told her to look outside her apartment to see if she could see us. Robbie said, "Sarah, how many fingers am I holding up?" Haha. What a dork. It was windy at the top and a little chilly, but it was way fun. We made it up there in 22 minutes! I was so impressed. Robbie even had to keep waiting for me because I'm slow.

The gates to the Y.

Lavell Edwards StadiumThe Provo Temple The MTC.

Robbie got a hold of my camera. Haha.

I called my mom. :]

Me at the top!

Robbie at the top!

Robbie and I decided to take cool pictures of us jumping off a ledge. It took me forever to get him jumping in the air. I kept getting him too late, too early, or too high. He got mine right on the first try. I'm really not jumping as high as looks, but that'd be really sweet if I was.
It took me forever to get a picture this good.
This is Robbie's landing from the picture above. I promise, this is not staged. He really did land like that. It was the funniest thing ever!...except for the fact that he almost hit his head on a rock that probably could've killed him...other than that, it was pretty hilarious! As soon as he landed, I said, "Stay there! I'm getting a picture of this."

Robbie said the view is really cool if you lay like this.
Too bad we don't always look this good.

It took us forever to take this picture. One of us--usually me because I can't keep a straight face to save my life--would start laughing. Haha.

We. is. Cute.

The last thing that I crossed off of my bucket list was going to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights. Robbie took Sarah and Me on Friday night. It was so incredible!

Me and Sarah

This nativity was floating on the reflection pond in front of the temple.

This was part of the nativity that was set up beside the Tabernacle.

Robbie and Me



On Saturday, I didn't do anything. I vegged with Sarah in her apartment and we watched movies all day. Seriously. All. Freaking. Day. It was great. I took her and Ginger to "The Brick Oven" for dinner that night as a thank you. On Sunday, I went to church with Sarah and then headed back to Rexburg. I had so much fun!

1 comment:

sarah joelle said...

we're going to make sure that next thanksgiving is the bomb.com too. hooray!