23 December 2010

"I Love to See the Temple..."

"...I'm going there someday." I got to do that yesterday. I don't really know what to say about it except that it really was nothing like I expected. I mean, I didn't really know what to expect, but still. I was worried the entire time because I didn't really feel any different. Everyone always talked about how incredible and amazing it was and I'm not saying that it wasn't either of those things, but I didn't feel overwhelmed with joy or anything. It was just...neat. My grandpa officiated the session which was way awesome. Before we left for the temple, my mom handed me a pair of pearl earrings that belonged to my grandma and let me wear them. I felt so close to her. I know that people on the other side are mindful of us. My grandparents who are no longer living were definitely with me to celebrate that special occasion. It was really cool to feel that. The Spirit is definitely in the temple. I know that it is the Lord's house and He walks those halls.

Here's us! From left: Me, Aunt Talara, Alec, Mom, Aunt Lisa, Grandma Jarette, Robbie, Dad, Rachel, Aunt Laura. My grandpa was still finishing up some stuff and my uncle Dallin, and my bishop and his wife had to leave right away.

No comments: